PageRank is a most important thing that Google uses to determine the importance of a web page. It is the main factor that used to determine which pages appear in search result. Today every person who have own website using it, but almost nobody really knows how it works. This pageRank result based on the webgraph from a mathematical algorithm, created by world wide web hyperlinks as edges and pages as nodes.
PageRank is a mathematical formula that seems difficult to look but is fairly it simple to understand. This PageRank is one of the main factor in Google ranking, But it is most important to remember that high PageRank does not Guarantee high ranking-but it can help.
How PageRank works:
- PR(A) = (1-d) + d (PR(T1)/C(T1) + … + PR(Tn)/C(Tn))
- PR(A)is defined as:-PageRank of page A
- PR(Ti)is defined as:-PageRank of those pages Ti which link to page A
- C(Ti)is defined as:-number of outbound links on page Ti
- d is used as:- The damping factor which can be set between 0 and 1
Above equation is use to calculates page’s PageRank. This PageRank assigns a score or rank to every search. Scores are determined by the number of other Web Pages that directly link to the target page. But the really best way to increase PageRank is to have original and quality content that people want to link.